Wednesday, July 23, 2014

NEW AND INTRIGUING SHINING ANALYSIS

In the coming weeks and months, I'll probably have more to say about the surprise hit documentary film Room 237 - things about it that I like and agree with, and things about it that I most definitely do NOT like or agree with. Having said that, I'm always up for "deep readings" of my favorite artworks, even if and when said deep readings veer off into goofier territory. Roughly half of Room 237 is spent in that goofy zone. Those of you who've seen it will know what I mean. 

Now we have a new interpretation of The Shining, by Darren Foley of Must See Films Vimeo channel. The whole thing lasts less than 10 minutes, but it has more interesting things to say than the entirety of Room 237's 90-plus minute run time. I am particularly intrigued by the point he raises about connecting the ghostly twin girls with the bathroom crone... or is that crones? Watch the video and decide for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment